– 15:30 / 6 July 2022
Enhancing mineral potential with innovative exploration technologies
Updating the West Balkan Mineral potential using modern exploration technologies and classification of resources and reserves according to international standards is essential in order to attract new local and foreign investors. The life cycle of mining begins with exploration, continues through production, and ends with closure and postmining land use. The need to balance the desire for exploration with the financial risks attached is more pressing than ever, and a number of actors across the mining industry are developing new methods to make exploration more financially secure, and increase the likelihood of success. Modern mineral exploration has been driven largely by technology. New technologies can benefit the mining industry and consumers in all stages of this life cycle. Research in basic geological sciences, geophysical and geochemical methods, and drilling technologies could improve the effectiveness and productivity of mineral exploration.
• Requirements and expectations for exploration technology
• What are breakthroughs in exploration technologies?
• Improvement in economic efficiency
• Mineral Exploration Targeting
• Remote exploration methods such as airborne geophysics and remote sensing in remote areas with logistical difficulties
• Importance of for grassroots exploration to develop a more conceptual exploration plan.
• Exploration Project Audit and Valuation
• Integration of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in mineral exploration studies
• Drills and data analysis
14:10 - Systematic, multidisciplinary, and proactive approaches to solving problems in the field of geology, mining, and environmental protection
14:25 - Structural studies, the key to success for the exploration of the chromite ore
14:40 - The New Approach in Ore Body Exploration – The key to increase the geo-data quality and reduce drilling expenses.
14:55 - Mineral exploration case studies with airborne EM natural fields
15:10 - Future mine modelling with Micromine
15:20 - Philosophy of prospecting